Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Shoe Size

When I first came to U.S. in 1996, I was wearing size 5.5 to 6. Twelve years, 2 kids and some extra 30 over pounds later, I am wearing size 7.5 to 8!!! Mind you, I am only 5ft 2 --- kinda like Mini Mouse - tiny with BIG FEET!

Anyway, we're planning to go skiing at White Pass, WA on Spring Break. We went there last year and loved it. My neighbor had given me a pair of her daughter's snow boots years ago, but it's insulation is starting to wear off. So, I decided to go hunt for a new pair now, since most of them should be on some sort of discount (end of season sales). I was at Joe's the past weekend. Choices and sizes are limited by now. I found a pair that was my size, but the price was $96! I looked around at the kid's section, and found this pair ---


--- looks better than the adult one and it's $64! I looked for the largest size they have, which is youth size 6. I cross my fingers that I'd fit. I asked the sales rep for a pair of ski socks to try on...and woohooo! My BIG FEET still fit in KIDDY size!!! Hoooray, I NEVER thought I can still wear the youth size! From now on, I will have to always consider shopping at the youth's isles when buying shoes...u know how much I can save???!!

5 comments:

Wen said...

good thing abt being petite. we can fit into kids' clothes and shoes!

adriantai said...

in malaysia, i would not have considered you as 'petite'... hahaha...

hmmm... auntie @ youth/ kids's aisle...?!? hahaha... okie, okie... kidding. its Friday...!!! :)

Jenny Tan said...

Dang it Adrian - thanks for reminding me that I'm not "petite" --- Yes I now HATE shopping for clothes back home!!! Honestly, the last time I was back, I tried to squeezed myself into a dress...and I think I popped a seam! :P muahhhahhahaaa.....

adriantai said...

incredible hulk comes to mind...

Anonymous said...

Amazing how the weight can weigh us down over time and increase our feet size, huh. Hmm... I used to be 7 and after pregnancy, went to 8 and now 9!!!!