However, the job I wanna talk about here isn't the teacher. We all know how IMPORTANT a teacher's job can be, and we treasure all the teachers out there, no doubt. This OTHER important job I'm speaking of is the BUS DRIVER ~ who very day fetches our kids back and forth. Really, so often we forget how important their job is, and being a school bus driver, isn't just busing these kids to and back from school...it's more than that!
You'd know what I mean if you have chaperon a field trip. The noise and the behavior of these kids can sometimes be extremely overwhelming! We've had 2 previous bus drivers who hardly ever smile at you, who'd honk REAL loud and fierce because the 1st time my daughter, then in kindergarten, was dropped across the street, and I DID NOT know that I had to wait for the bus driver to make sure both sides are clear before we are allowed to cross. I know they meant well for the safety, but if you had looked at HER face, and how LOUD she had honked at us, you too would be scared!
Anyway, last year we had this AMAZING bus driver name Dee Dee. She's friendly, she's nice, she drives safely, and she gives the kids warnings when needed. Every morning, she greets the kids when they get on the bus, and say goodbyes when they get off. Sometimes she'd even chat with them about their day, their siblings...etc!!! She even keeps 2 books, like I Spy, or Where's Waldo type of books, for the kids to read in the bus, if they wanted to (what a great idea, isn't it??)! And of course, on those special occasions, she'd have a bag of candy/cookies for each kid & their sibling, whether or not, the sibling(s) is on the bus too.
So, at the end of last year, I had asked her if she could possibly bus our route again? Many parents have had the same question for her :) She told me that it is unlikely, since our route is the "popular" route, for whatever reason. Plus, the way they pick the routes are by seniority, so she's very unlikely gonna be busing our neighborhood.
However, yesterday morning, when we waited for the bus to arrive...guess who was driving the bus??!!! Yeahhhh!!! It's Dee Dee!!! =D You could tell how happy all the parents at the bus stop were!!!
Thank you Dee Dee and we LOVE you!!! :)
2 comments:
and i thot she was a caucasian. she looks asian to me and very nice lady indeed!
Having a nice bus driver can really make all the difference!
Post a Comment