Monday, January 31, 2011

15 minutes!!!

The last time I worked out was....hmmm...errr...maybe about 2 years ago??!! Yikes!! That's really BAD. Yup, it must have been 2 years ago, when my one of my annual blood test numbers came back a little on the higher side. So my doctor told me to lose about 5 pounds and see if there's any difference. THAT was when I last did some workout/watch what I put in my mouth. Sure enough, after that, the number went down to "normal"....then...I start to slack off once again.

Last night, I decided that I had better get my butt going on daily or at least 3 times a week of work out. Sure I'd LOVE to lose some extras here and there (as long as the right area are the ones LEAVING). But I also wanna live long-er!!!! I always feel like I might have a weak heart...I don't know why. Weak or not weak, I do want to look better and most of all FEEL better!!! My stamina is SO HORRIBLE!! Run for 5 minutes and I am pooped!!

I always think that I will wake up an hour earlier, do some work out, shower then get the kids up for school. Never. Never once THAT work. Last night when I mentioned it to Nd(Lee), he said that it is very difficult to wake up early, why don't I find some time during the day to do workout instead? First thing that came to my mind was, where the hell am I supposed to find some time??!! Lucas is only in school for 2:30 hours...ok, 3 hours cos' he takes the bus. But there is SO MUCH to do!!! I volunteer 1 -2 days a week at the kids' classes. Then I have to run to AT LEAST 3 different grocery stores for different stuff!!! And I am those type of person who cannot leave the house without first taking a shower...and once I showered, I don't like to sweat!!! :P So, how can I find ANY time to work out??
I was pissed, I was pissed he even suggested THAT...what does he know about a day of a homemaker?? Sure, we just kick back all day and eat bonbons! Ha! I went about getting groceries. When I got home, I had about 30 more minutes before I had to go out to the bus stop to wait for Lucas to get off school. I turned on my Billy Blanks' Tae Bo boot camp....and I did 15 minutes of work out!!! Yes, I did!! 15- minutes!!! 15 minutes that I didn't think I had!!! Sure, it's not A LOT, but hey, if I wanna keep it for a long run, and build it into a "habit" than as a "chore", I am NOT gonna take a BIG LEAP!! Baby steps. I'd be happy to just exercise for 15 minutes a day to begin with. If I can keep that going for a month or 2, I can foresee adding more time later!!! That sounds like a plan, doesn't it??!! ...I hate it. I hate it when he is right...even if he's slightly right!

I DO hope to keep this going...baby steps. I'd sure like to give positive updates in the near future. Keep your fingers AND toes crossed I'd stick to it!! :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

haha..welcome back, miss reading your blog..

this was good start, keeeeeeeeeep it up!! =)