Monday, November 10, 2008

PURPLE!!!

If you know me, you might know that I DO NOT LIKE PURPLE! Nothing against the color, just DO NOT LIKE IT, that's all. about 2 years ago, the neighbor across from us gave me a little pot of violet. This neighbor is an elderly couple, very very sweet couple (no, I'm not saying that just because she gave me a pot of plant). They treat our kids like their grandkids. But of course she doesn't know I don't like purple...and when she gave me the plant, it wasn't in bloom, so I was wondering what color it'd be. I placed it on the window sill above my kitchen sink, so that I don't forget to water it and hence kill it! It bloom last year, and it's blooming now...though I already know it's a purple (and the shade of purple that I'd dislike most if it were to be on a paper, clothing, wall color, ribbons....whatever else that isn't a creation of Mother Nature) flowering plant, but I don't think for the past year, I've stopped to really looked at it....and I'm glad I did this time...

Look at the amazing sparkle that comes with the purple! Isn't THAT AMAZING??? It's as though Mother Nature knows I don't like this shade of purple, and have sprinkle these sparkling dust on to it, to catch my eyes! I mean, I HAVE NOT seen any other flowers that is as sparkling as this one before! I still don't like the color purple, I don't think I ever will...but I am thankful that Mother Nature created this for the rest of you who likes/love PURPLE...especially this sparkling one!! :)

4 comments:

adriantai said...

sometimes it takes time for us to actually notice mother natures beauty. most of the time, we're just too focused with work, etc that we forget to slow down and smell the roses... or in your case, violets. :)

Anonymous said...

I like purple. I like purple goes with Ivory color. Very romantic to me. Yup..I am one of them, always forget to water plant and hence they end up dying. Yes I admit I am not a plant person. But I do love flowers. Did I tell u one of my hobbies is flower arrangement. If I have any pic will post up on my blog later..

Smartie Pants said...

Jenny, That flower is gorgeous!!! I would love to see it in person with some of your baking ;)
Tee HEE HEE!!!!

Lilian said...

Hey u know.. i just watched twilight and the vampires skin in that movie sparkles just like that when they go under sunlight! No they dont perish n die from UV rays. I dont know y. ask the author.