Monday, March 16, 2009

Cupcakes

Last Friday, we went to check out a Wu Shu center (recommended by a friend) in the Pearl District. Diana and her son Michael came with us. As we driving down NW17th Ave, looking for the center, we passed by a cupcake shop. Everyone agreed after our visit to the WuShu center, we'd stop by this place! :P

It's called Saint Cupcake. It's a cute little shop with just a handful of tables. There were a few selections of cupcakes...the kids obviously went for the Chocolate ones, and I, for my favorite flavor - carrot cake. At first I didn't get any for Nd(Lee) --- what a bad wife huh?! Then Diana just had to make me feel bad...so I got him one too! When I was told how much it was, I was stunned! I had expected it be expensive...but NOT THIS expensive!!! The 4 cupcakes that I got, 3 standard size, one mini was $8.75!!! Can you believe that? (there were no price list in the shop...not that I was aware of, at least) I had gone to another cupcake shop before some where else...but it didn't cost THIS much! Thank God it didn't taste BAD :P

Anyway, I love the way the box opens. Very fancy...guess that IS why the cupcakes were $2.50! ;) And most interesting of all, before I threw away the box (yup, I threw away...if there weren't any icing on it, I, who like to keep everything...WOULD keep the box! ;P), this is what it's printed at the bottom of it!!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

WhShu??? Are you so worried that you intend to train up Lucas before coming back to face Ian...and probably Erica??? Hehehehe....

ganache-ganache said...

You're right about why u r paying $2.50 for a cupcake, I like what's printed at the bottom of the box !

Anonymous said...

Those cupcakes don't seem to look quite appealing to me. I think I like Alice's cupcakes better - they are cuter.

Anonymous said...

Forgot to ask you - since you were in Pearl District, did you use the restaurant discount card that I gave you?

Angeleyes said...

Thanks Binky for the support! I also think $2.50 for that simple swirl cupcake is way too expensive!

But then again... that's America!

Jenny Tan said...

Jia, ya lar, I'm so worried 'bout Lucas getting punched by your little monster! hahhahaa

Binky, these cupcakes don't fall into Alice's cupcake category. These are just the ordinary cupcakes --- the reason they charge so high is bcos of the "packaging", the location and their rental. Alice's cupcakes are made-to-order and personalized with all those adorable decorations that I always think she must have tiny tiny hands to make 'em (can't wait to see ur hands Alice)...they are so delicate and detail, the cupcake shop would probably charge at least 4 times more for her type of cupcake! :P

Lorrine: Me too! I wonder if they copyright that phrase?! :P

adriantai said...

hmmm... the note at the bottom of the box is quite creative! :)

2008 is one challenging year...