This year, I almost forgot about my birthday until my neighbor asked me what I was gonna do on my b-day a week before! I then quickly reminded my husband, knowing he'd forget too! :P I gotta say that I really enjoyed my birthday this year. Last year's birthday was miserable! I remembered clearly, Lucas was sick, I was recovering from a cough & cold, on top of the allergy, and I was teaching the after school cake decorating club! Aii ya-ya. I don't think I even made myself a birthday "dessert." 3 years ago, I decided that I didn't want Nd(Lee) to buy me a cake anymore (unless I'm sick and not up for making anything) ...as we are not exactly cake lovers, plus the store bought cakes are usually too sweet for us. Instead, I make dessert that I like best...or in the mood for. Same for Nd(Lee)...no more birthday cakes. This year, I chose to make myself Birthday tartlets.
I am so lucky to have friends to celebrate with me too!!! We were struggling to come up with a time where everyone was available for lunch... so I decided to have everyone come over to my place and P-A-R-T-Y!!! ;) They brought lunch & snacks over, and we all ate, and ate, and ate, and yak, and yak, and yak...while Zack and Lucas played happily with the Thomas and friends the other room. I definitely had a GGGGREAT time with the ladies! Silly Diana wanted me to be "princess of the day"...she even went and bought that princess napkins!!! Ya right, I am SUCH a princess! :P hahhahaa....She's just so sweet! We "partied" the "Mommy" style until the older kids got off from school! It was a really really fun day!
Nd (Lee) actually managed to get off work early...I was gonna make frozen ravioli for dinner, and he called and asked what I wanted for dinner. We end up having carry out from Chipotle for dinner and sang Happy Birthday song. Lucas just gobble up the tartlet (he only wanted raspberry and the tangerin on his, picky, picky, picky...wonder like WHO?!), while Yesmin, SLOWLY savor hers --- taking little bites!
Like I said, knowing he'd forget my birthday, I bet he bought my present LAST minute! ;) While we set up dinner, Nd(Lee) was scrabbling to "wrap" my present! :P Poor guy! I told him to just forget wraping it and save a tree! ;P He (and the kids) got me a Wii Fit!!! Wooohhooo! However, I have to say...I have developed a love-hate relationship with it! Arrgghhh! :P
Lastly, I just wanna say that I am very, very, very lucky to have so many great friends and great family! :) THANKS, U ALL!!! xoxoxoxxo...
5 comments:
JenE, your birthday was fun!!! I liked how everything worked out for all of us!!! Wii Fit??? Nice job Lee!!! How old did it say you are?? I think I am 105 years old on that thing. And when I made my Mii I made myself thin. Well that stinkin Wii fit added about 50 pounds to my Mii. That was not very nice!!! Can't wait for the next celebration in April for Abeer.
Hi, Happy Belated Birthday to you ! Thanks for dropping by, you have a nice blog. I saw 'bak kut teh'(heehee), r u from Asia originally ?
WAH soooooooo fun! Happy Birthday to you again!
Those tarts with bloossoming strawberries looked sooooooooooo delish!
hi fren...happy belated birthday!
Thanks everyone! :)
Diana, my Wii Fit age was 44!!! :P 4 days later, I took the test again, it drop to 38....so that was a good sign! ;P
Ganache-ganache, I'm from M'sia too --- PJ to be exact, but am currently in Oregon, USA. Thanks for stopping by.
Post a Comment