Saturday, May 30, 2009

Thank You

It's been a month since my neighbor, John, passed on. And I just want to take this opportunity to thank those of you, whether you left me a comment, called me, or just dropped by and read about how wonderful he was, and how much he meant to our family on my previous post. A BIG THANK YOU to all of you. It meant a lot to me, to know that we all still TAKE time out to CARE for others.

John's funeral service was on May 7, a week after he took his last breath. It is still difficult to believe that he is gone, that we will no longer be able to see him. It's not something that is easy to do...I can't imagine what and how Retha must be going through. Even for me, the fact that when I look out the window now, he's not there in his garage fixing his dental equipments; or when his son or daughter-in-law, unlocks his car with the keyless entry remote, the sound that goes "churp-churp" reminds me of John...cos' that's what I have been hearing all the years, and knowing it was John!

We're all moving on with our daily lives. Retha has gone back to her routine, though I know it won't be the same for her...there will be some "new" routine for her from now on...but she's trying her best. She's going back to her aerobic class and oil painting class, so that's good. I have also gone back to my routine, and getting busier than ever with our big trip back to Malaysia closing on. We all know that John would want us to move on and be happy...like he had told me the day the kids and I visited him at his home --- that he is in PEACE with what was coming, and don't be sad.

So, once again, THANKS to all of you who cared. Your kind words and thoughts are greatly appreciated.

No comments: