
We have a herb/vegetable planted by the sunny side of the house. 3 or 4 years years ago, I planted some herbs, like rosemary, chives, mint, oregano, thyme, and basil. Every year, the mint would spread more and more, every year, the rosemary withstand the winter without a shiver. This past winter we had quite the snow storm, and I think my oregano and thyme are a goner. However, the chive is back, and growing like nobody's business. It has flowered so much, and though it's
PURPLE in color, I have to admit they are so pretty.

Every year, since Lucas started to walk and plays out back with Yesmin, they have always love hoping (running) on the stepping stones to the planters, pick out strand and strands of chives and mints (I would only allow them to pick on those two, since they are the 2 of the most durable and easy to pick herbs). Lucas would sometimes just chew on the chives, just like that...like how some people chew on tobacco! ;P On this day, I found them picking out a bunch of the flowered chives, some mint, and some arborvitae foliage. Yesmin wanted to turn it into a bunch of flowers, like a bouquet, while Lucas was trying to make his vision of a flower --- a stemmed flower with two leaves on the stem! :D How cute it is that!? I think the chive has "kids tolerance" characteristic! :)


No comments:
Post a Comment