Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A Sunny Day, A Swing (actually two swings), and A Dress

On one sunny day...

when the ground isn't soggy with the Oregon rain...they went out back to get some Vitamin D & loads of fun!!!

It is one of the many reasons why it is so difficult to move away from this house (although I am constantly running out of storage space), as we have spent so much time and sweat (and $$, of course) into making it a comfortable and fun home.

I don't know if there is ANY kid in this world who would not like to swing on a swing...even till this day, I still find myself, sometimes fighting over with them for the swing (I can't fit into the slide anymore, and I don't have strong arms to do the monkey bars)! :P We are so lucky, and we're THANKFUL for this.


This is THE OTHER story...about a dress...

For few months now, I have noticed that whenever Yesmin or any girl is wearing a dress, Lucas will show extra affection towards her or whoever the girl is. He seems to like girls wearing dresses. He's the type of person that sticks to the "rule" --- pink color is for girls, blue color is for boys, hence, dresses are meant for girls. Both Yesmin and I rarely wear dress/skirt, so, I think it is very special to him, when she does wear them. When he was in school last week, he met a girl wearing a PURPLE dress...and he kept talking about her the WHOLE week!!

The day before these pictures, he had INSISTED on Yesmin wearing this dress! She didn't want to, but promised him she would the following day. He was mad and sad at first. Then we told him that if she had worn a dress, she won't be able to play with him in the back yard , as she might rip the dress while climbing up the ladder on the play structure....so, he accepted the negotiation. The following morning, he told ND(Lee) that the play structure is broken, so Jia jia (big sister) could now wear the dress!!! ;P




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know why I found the story about the dress so adorable, but it made me smile! Cute kids :)

Anonymous said...

actually same goes for RJ.. I guess nowadays kids got mature at very early stage...

RJ will definately has more affection on any pretty girls..not oni on those wearing dress!! When i dressed up more sexy.. he wanted to touch!!haha =)