Our home was invaded by these guys!!! ( a little dice on the left was the pretend All Sparks cube)
I've been really terrible at updating my blog recently. With all the year end holidays and my addiction to some new games on Facebook!!! :P So here are some very belated posts.
The kids celebrated their birthdays with some friends. Lucas had never really have a "big party," so this year, he had requested for a birthday party in McDonald's --- I convinced him to have it else where. Man, all these party places aren't cheap anymore. We were lucky that one of his friends in school has her birthday the day before his. So we did a combine party and invited the whole preschool class, and split the bill! :) It was ALL about Transformers for him this year!
Bumble Bee theme cake - got the idea from here
The DecepticonsYesmin on the other hand, had 5 friends over for a Hello Kitty birthday party at home. I used to see Hello Kitty cookie cutter in the stores here. Back then I didn't think I'd wanna decorate cookies, so I didn't care to buy 'em. Then, when I need it, they are only sold online on ebay! Gees! So, this is what I got.

She didn't wanna have a cake, like the previous year. So, I gave her a few choices and she picked lemon meringue tartlets. I used Meyer lemons for the curd --- YUM! Kinda burnt the meringue a little! :P
Meyer lemon meringue tartlets
I also ordered each girl a headband as a favor. I e-mailed to Erika at
Tottie's Pretties, to discuss about getting the "theme" ribbons for the headbands. She advised me on not using the Hello Kitty ribbons, as they don't turn up well on headbands. In the end, we went with a bright pink polka dot with pink background on the headband,with a double bow clip. When I received the box of headbands, Erika has made one extra as a gift for Yesmin. That's the one she's wearing on the picture above. It's got 9 studs for 9 years old. So sweet of her! Thanks Erika. It's now Yesmin's favorite one! :)
2 comments:
Thank you for introducing me to Tottie's Pretties - they are so perfect! I wish I knew more little girls so I had a good excuse to buy one. Maybe I'll buy one for my own 40th birthday!
Yesmin looked so pretty, muak;p Btw, I saw her class photo, ND better watch out...hahaha....I believe Ian has placed his orders for more transformers with you...hahaha....
Post a Comment