Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The Cat in the Hat --- I Can Do That game!

I was at Toys R' Us this morning while Lucas was in preschool ;) I saw this game based on Dr. Seuss' The Cat in the Hat. It's for ages 4-8, and most of all, this game has won 4 awards (Oppenheim Toy Portfolio -Platinum, Parents' Choice - Gold Award, Dr. Toy 100 Best Children's Products Winner, and the National Parenting Center Seal of Approval)--- which means IT HAS to be good. But just the box itself already make me feel like playing this game! Needless to say, I picked it up!

After dinner and all the clean ups (the kids did their part of putting away their toys), I told them the rules (Lucas wasn't exactly paying attention half the time)...Flip over one card from each group 1, 2 and 3 (the cards can also be identify with the colors red, blue and yellow ---works great for younger kids who might not recognize the numbers yet) and see if you can do what it is said on the cards. For example: Jump 3 times, with the book, under your chin! Or spin in a circle 2 times, with the fish, between your legs! (Group 1 is the action, group 2 is the "plaything" items, and group 3 is the location for the "plaything" item) There are also the "stop" cards where you'd lose your turn if you pick that up (which we decided to leave it out, especially when playing with Lucas). It was just hilarious! I tried to take some photos of the kids doing the actions, but between preventing Lucas from messing up all the cards and the "playthings", and holding the "Trick-a-ma-stick" (which I wished was better constructed so that it won't keep on falling), I will need a 3rd arm to do that!

Overall, IT IS A FUN game, we had a good laugh at each other. And although it stated for ages 4-8, I had a great time being silly with them --- which doesn't happen often enough!! =) WE LOVE DR. SEUSS!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did Lee join in too? Or was he still in office??

Jenny Tan said...

He was in Idaho. He went there on Monday night, came back Wednesday morning.