Monday, October 6, 2008

Trains, trains and more trains...

When we had only Yesmin, everything was in the pink and red shades. After having Lucas, blue colors started to invade our house too! I still remember Nd (Lee) and I saying to each other how weird it was to be buying blue colored stuff! Fast forward 4 years later, this is WHAT is invading our formal living space~which we convert into their playroom! ;P






I had been cleaning and re-organizing the room, especially since their birthdays and Christmas is not far away. We needed to clear out some space before those special occasions, and I have been sticking to the rule of them picking up after they are done playing at night. The floor space was cleared over the week days, as I had ordered him to clear off the previous configuration of the train tracks, so that I can vacuum. By Thursday or Friday, he wanted me to built him the configuration on his Imaginarium Spiral Train Set (since Thomas is so expensive, his cheapskate mom got the cheaper, more affordable brand + the occasional Thomas tracks/trains to make it look more "grand" =P). Between housework, and Yesmin's homework, I told him to try building himself some other simple configurations...after all, Lucas IS a child that needs to learn to be more independent. He came up with his usual circle configuration.

By Saturday, he was tired with just the circle. Since dad and Yesmin were home too, he went on and bug dad to built him the more sophisticated track. By the time I done taking my shower, Nd(Lee) , with the help of his assistant engineer~ Miss Yesmin Chua, created not only the Spiral Train Set, they also incorporated the other parts of Thomas' set! I gotta say, he's on hell of a lucky guy. They brought out the Playmobil figurines(thanks to Uncle Phil and Aunty Shoo Mei) , Yesmin's doll house, some Pokemons...and their wild and carefree imagination! Both he and Yesmin had so much fun playing together! =)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know the train set that you gave Ian? I set up the tracks but he is only interested to play with individual train cars on the carpet, sofa, etc!

Jenny Tan said...

Ian is still young...he is USED to playing on the carpet/sofa. U'll probably have to consistently showing him that the trains CAN also go on the tracks. Remember, at this age, they learn from repetition and imitation. =)