Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Before and After...

This is our guest/office and recently was honored with a additional name "Jenny's craft room". It is very confusing, especially when I'm telling the kids that I'll be in THAT room, or when Nd's looking for something, and I have to tell him to look in THAT room.
Before...
Before we gave the extra name of "Jenny's craft room", I was never motivated to get it cleaned, nor organized. It was also the "dumping room." Every time we come back from shopping (I'm not talking about shopping in the mall...but more like Target, Home Depot - that kinda shopping), we'd chuck everything on our very nice formal dinning table. Then when we invite friends over for dinner, guess where all these things go?? You're right! The Dumping/Guest/Office room!!! After the dinner, all the things that were dumped there, remains there. Only when we have guests coming to stay over, that's when I scramble to chuck everything in the closet or our master bedroom (there goes my secret).Over in the Summer, we wanted to get Yesmin a study desk that she can use in her room. Nd suggested that I should get one for my scrapbooking/crafting too! (What a smart husband! He was tired of seeing my scrapbooking stuff in the formal dinning room) I search high and low for the perfect desks. All the new ones rarely have drawers, so I looked into Craig's List. It was so difficult to find one that goes with the rooms...finally, I found this lady selling 3 of them. One bigger than the other 2. There were 3 drawers each and in excellent condition. They were made of wood, which means we could paint them or stain them! So, I bought the bigger one for Yesmin and the smaller one for myself! And both desk only cost me $80!!! Yiippeee. So, we stained and painted over the Summer. Added matching shelves, and wall cabinet from Ikea....
After...
~"Ta-Da!!!"~

NOW, I am motivated to get the place CLEAR OUT once and for all! :) In fact, Nd is planning on constructing a Murphy Bed (wall bed), as this queen size bed takes up WAY TOO MUCH SPACE! I can't wait for that to be done, but I know it will take a while, as IT IS a BIG project from him. When that is done, I wish to put a folding table in there, that way, the kids can do their art and craft in there while I scrapbook! :)

~My official scrapbooking/craft table!!~ :)


~The so-called office~


~Storage space for my scrapbooking/card making magazines, stamps, inks, photos, cards..etc~


~One of my very well organized drawers~

8 comments:

🐽 said...

wow, i din know u r that messy!! LOL!
i tot i m the only one! haha...if i did that, sure will get screw up!

KatieB said...

Jenny:

The room looks great! Good job! I love your scrapbooking area...it looks like a great place to create. I'm still working on mine. Yours gives me inspiration, though!

Got the art from Lucas today. Emma was very excited! She's been working on some things for him, too. I'll get it to you as soon as she finishes.

-Katie

Anonymous said...

very nice... so we get to stay in this room if we are visiting?

Jenny Tan said...

hahhhaha...Zoe, u dun know the TRUE JENNY lar!!! Plus, I'm married to one that just as messy as I am, if not WORST! :P

Katie: thanks! I still wanna add some stuff, like a peg board or some kinda display on the side all of the desk. Now, I just need to find time to sit down and do stuff! :P

Gigi: Yes, if u come visit, u'll get to stay in that room! :)

Angeleyes said...

hahahhhhhaaaaa! We can shake hands lioa! I also have thousand and one things strew all over the place (and I am not even staying in my own house!). My hubby always threaten to throw my stuff away if I don't organize them but I never get around doing them as I will buy more and chuck them all over the place! :P

But I'm so proud of you over the new re-org! I better buck up! :P

Daddy said...

Wah. What a transformation. I'm also pretty messy too (as with most husbands..hehe) Luckily, my wife is rather strict in making sure that things are put back in their proper place. She used to be so stressed out, when I messed up the house and she is too busy to clean it up...hehe. Now that we have a maid, I can see her smile more often and I got nag less...:). Hope you don't mind me adding you into my blog list...

Anonymous said...

Hahaha... we are so alike - go shopping, come home and leave stuffs at dining table. Then when friends come to visit, chuck it into the office/study room. Is this a Malaysian thing or what???!!! Anyway, the "after" pictures look neat. Well done!

Lilian said...

Wah. i'm very impressed. Could u come back and do mine?