Monday, November 3, 2008

Happy Halloween!!!

We carved the pumpkins the day before Halloween. Both of them were really excited about getting into the pumpkin. They had fun "cleaning" out the pumpkins. Lucas loved scooping out and stirring the seeds. Yesmin got to design and carve her own pumpkin (I did some "touch ups" for her after that), while Lucas told me what kinda expression he wanted his Jack-O-Lantern to be.
On Halloween, the kids could NOT wait to go trick or treating...It wasn't easy to make 'em sit on the porch for photos, but they did...otherwise, they would not get to eat any candy! =P

If you're wondering what costume they were wearing, Lucas was James the Red Engine, and Yesmin was a blue butterfly that looked like a fly.

We went out with a bunch of the neighborhood kids, they are around Yesmin's age or older...boy, I really couldn't keep up with them, especially having to bring Lucas along, whose costume was still too long that I have too keep on pulling it up for him before he trips over! The kids were as though they were on a "Halloween Amazing Race" mission!!!! Sometimes they even forgot to say "trick-or-treat"....and I wonder if they sometimes remembered to say "thank you"!!! Some neighbors did asked what they had to say first, before giving out the candies! :P Yesmin was really sweet...some house had many steps, so knowing that Lucas was way behind all the others, she sometimes would get one for him, or shared hers with him. She's definitely a way much sweeter sister to him than he is a sweeter brother to her. Hopefully, he'll learn to appreciate her SOON. :)

Yesmin's winking Jack

Lucas' surprised Jack


My little ghost I traced from the picture it came with the carving tools.


I got this for Nd. Of course she wanted to try it on! ~ That's my girl! It's hilarious! Reminds me of Robin Williams! =P

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I agreed, a bit like Robin Williams!! The fat version..haha

Wah, so much fun for Halloween especially for kids, jealous la!!

Angeleyes said...

It is always so fun to go treat or trick with the kids... how I miss those! :P

🐽 said...

not many places celebrating halloween in KL for kids (maybe some malls is organizing costume competition)but there are lotz of nightclub celebrating!!! haha...
Jenny is making us so jealous liao!!! luv reading ur blog! thks for sharing ur joy and life living in US.

Jenny Tan said...

It's fun...until the kids keep asking for the costume THEY want...and mind you they are NOT cheap. But I got an idea from a friend (Binky), who went to Goodwill store to get for a cheaper price.
I think it'd be too dangerous to go trick or treat in Malaysia, even if we're talking about down the road...so many cases of purse snatchers and robberies! One thing u can do back home is to organize Halloween party with friends loh...have a pot luck, dress up the kids, then give out candies.. I know we don't have many stores selling back home, but u girls can get creative and make ur own! :P One of the kids in Yesmin's Chinese class made a Wall-E costume out of a box! ;)

Jenny Tan said...

Oh, Goodwill stores sell 2nd hand stuff.