I'm fine, don't worry...nothing wrong with me medically. U see, Thursdays are my days to volunteer in my daughter's classroom, making photocopies, correcting the kids' work...etc. So, as usual, after Yesmin went on the bus to school, Lucas and I get home and get him ready for his preschool. I drop him at school, then drive to Yesmin's school to volunteer, and pick him up at 11:15am.
When I got there, it was about 9:38am. Met with the teacher who gave me and the other mom instructions on what she wants to get done ~ which was basically correcting some paper work and record them. So, I went on doing my job. After a while, I took a look at my watch which I have not been wearing for a week or more. 11:18!!! I literally JUMP up (everyone around there stopped to look what on earth this crazy woman is doing? ;P), stack the pile of books, hand it to the other mom and said, "I'm SO late, I need to pick my son up from school!!"...all the time thinking "HOW COULD I DO THAT TO HIM?! HOW CAN I NOT PAY ATTENTION TO THE TIME? WHY DIDN'T I SET THE ALARM ON MY CELL PHONE TO REMIND ME, LIKE I USUALLY DO??? WHERE THE HELL DID THE TIME GO???"...and all the time thinking what a BAD MOM I am, to be THIS late (though it takes only 10 minutes to get from Yesmin's school to his, 10 minutes IS A L-O-N-G time for a 4 year old!!!). I HAVE NEVER been this late for either kids...NEVER. At most I was late by 30 seconds - a minute between me walking through the front door to their school building and the teacher opening the classroom door to dismiss the class! WHAT HAVE I DONE?? I know the teacher is fine staying with him, no doubt about that, but how disappointed he would be when I get there???
As I was walking away from the class, I pulled out my cell phone wanting to call his teacher and let them know I'm on my way. I stopped right away! IT WAS ONLY 10:18am!! I HAVE 45 minutes MORE before I actually HAVE to leave!!! D-U-H!!!!
All because of the daylight saving we had on Nov 2nd! We sort of gain an hour....so if it was to be before Nov 2nd, I would be late. But now, today...I AM NOT LATE (stupid me)! We changed all the clock at home, and even in the car...but I've been forgetting to wear my watch, and had ASSUMED my watch was programmed to change the time by itself (it's a Casio BabyG, my old Seiko Spoon watch was programmed to changed by itself when it was daylight saving). Sure felt like an IDIOT, but I AM SO GRATEFUL that I WASN'T LATE!!! Phew.
6 comments:
Ya, this daylight savings arrangement sure can make people forget and confused. I remember we had an open house on one Sunday that the daylight savings just started, so we were supposed to move the clock an hour forward. And Francis was still in Korea that time. I totally forgot to move the clock forward, and only about 30mins before my broker came, only then I realized I was already SO LATE! I only remembered because I was on the phone with Ann, and she told me abt it.
You just been given an award by me. Follow this link: http://binkyblogging.blogspot.com/2008/11/love-award.html
in Malaysia, we don't have this problem... heh heh...
I can see you jumping up and making your get away!!! That's funny. My question is did you go back and finish your volunteer job or did you leave??? I only saw Emi leaving.
Yes, I did go back to finish up my work! And I set my cell phone alarm. :P
oh i didn't know about the daylight savings...haha...you make everyone reading your blog also kena heart attack now!!
Post a Comment