Every night (especially weekday), after the kids go to bed, Lee and I usually watch out 10 o'clock show on TV --- Heroes (on 9 o'clock actually) on Mondays, our current 10 o'clock show to watch on Mondays is ABC's True Beauty, Law and Order SVU on Tuesdays, Law and Order on Wednesdays, and ER on Thursday.
After that, there should be no reason for me NOT to go to bed...yet, I am here typing my post! It's as though I have this feeling that I now have the "FREEDOM" to do stuff (mainly online) without ANY interruption...even thought I know I should be in bed, so that I will be awake in time in the morning, and that I won't be crabby in the afternoon. It is this addiction, I think, the addicition to stay awake, to grab every minute of silence, the addiction to stay online, to be connected with others...when I can go work on my sewing projects, or scrapbooking, or card making, or making some buns/bread instead.
Hrmp...looks like I have (another) serious problem that needs to be fixed! ---good night ;P
3 comments:
JenE what it is, is that as moms we really don't get time off. Even if they are at school or at a playdate we still have to take care of them. We wash their clothes, make their food, clean up their messes, make appointments for them like dentist, dr, volunteering for their schools, etc...
There is no free time during the week. Our blogging is therapy for our souls. We can get out our thoughts and know that our friends that read it will be nodding their heads in agreement or laughing because they experience the same stuff. The only down side is you need your rest. So skip the news, it will always be there tomorrow. We need our rest, parenting is exhausting!!!
You are not alone. For me, as long as I get at least 6 hours of uninterrupted sleep, I'm okay. So these days, Ian wakes up around 7am and goes to bed around 9pm. So I have about 3hrs of precious alone time to myself, and what do I do with it? Blogging, Facebook and all the internet stuffs! I even bring my laptop to bed, and will only sleep once the battery runs out!!
same la over here... the only different is that i still need to go to work the next day.. :(
Post a Comment