Saturday, December 20, 2008

Another Round of ARTIC BLAST!!

It's been a crazy week. We rarely have accumulations through out the winter season...even if we do, they are usually gone in one to two days. Since last Sunday's snow, we were fortunate to get 2-3 days of break, at least in Beaverton. I got to go out and get more groceries, and on another day, our elderly neighbor came over to babysit the kids while I went out to get their Christmas gifts.

So, with the 2-3 days of break, we were crossing our fingers (and toes) that maybe we'll be lucky enough that the snow showers they had forecast, would blow some where else....so that we could go out. Nd (Lee) wanted to get a Wii game that Yesmin will enjoy more, as a Christmas present, get snow chains for both of our cars, and maybe head out to one of our favorite restaurant Sweet Tomatoes for their yummy soups.

However, when we woke up, all the side walks and drive way that I had shoveled yesterday are covered with SNOW! What a waste of my energy! :( This means...we ARE STUCK at home once again! ;P Unlike Sunday's snow which was big and fluffy, today's snow are small and packed. By late afternoon, it didn't look like the snow was going anywhere but here to stay. Strong winds blew + the snow....it's just amazing. I can't help but kept looking out our window, especially when the wind blew the snow off the roof...they reminds me of sprinklings of powdered sugar when I bake, and sprinklings of glitter when I scrapbook! :) I believe we could easily have one foot of snow by tomorrow, if it continues on snowing like that. I'll try to take a measurement tomorrow morning, and will add the photo on to here :)

As of 4 something p.m., it was close to 6 inches

Lucas trying to "sweep" the snow!

Yesmin trying to make a "snow sculpture"

Yesmin's snow Angle


The strong wind blowing the snow...don't they look like some shooting stars here??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, those backlit snow certainly looks like shooting star... nicely taken, Jenny! You are getting good!

Smartie Pants said...

JenE,JenE,JenE
Love the pictures and writing!!! Being "snowbound" has it's downside!!!