Pacific Northwest is not like the mid-west or the East coast, where every winter, there SURE to be snow. So, when we have snow, and especially like the one we have today which is the "Arctic Blast", it's A BIG DEAL! ;) All day long, that's all they/we talk about in the news.
Driving is another problem here. When there's accumulations, all schools, government offices, and some businesses have to shut down due to the road condition. Since we only get snow a couple of days each year, we have very few deicer trucks out there, we depend more on sand and gravel for the roads...which doesn't help as much (I think, I might be wrong). I remember when I was living in Chicago, we had snow measured in feet, and yet, everything was still up and running, cos' it was expected! :) So, there's a difference...and we can't blame Oregonians for shutting down with just inches of snow!
Anyway, it is all fun for all of us...especially since Yesmin's Chinese class was canceled! :P Plus, there's NO SCHOOL OR WORK tomorrow as the temperature is gonna drop even more tonight! Wooohooo! :)
2 comments:
Way cool JenE,JenE,JenE!!!!Awesome pictures!!! Of all the years, of all the weeks, this week of course there's a blizzard here. The only week I have "Hot" plans!!!! Glad the family enjoyed it. Kiss my "cuties" for me!!!
we also has the first snow in NY yesterday but then not even one inch i think.. and didnt accumulate because of rain after snow..
Post a Comment