Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Ham and Cheese Buns

Using the recipe from Florence, I tried making these ham and cheese buns that we usually find them in Asian bakeries. It's not bad, but the buns in the bakeries are a bit sweeter. Also, mine got deflated as my half sheet pan that I use to bake them on, would not fit the my microwave for proofing. So, I place them on smaller pans lined with wax paper! Bad idea. They stick so badly on the wax paper that when I try peeling them off, I deflated the buns (like a breast implant gone wrong!! =P), hence the flat looking top. Still, we ate 'em all, but no one love it as much as Yesmin, she's my "cheesy" girl! :) The sweetest thing was that when I teased her that she likes it simply because it's got cheese in it, she answered back that though that was true, most importantly, it was HOMEMADE! Awwww.... ;)



6 comments:

KatieB said...

Those look yummy! I have a recipe that came from Bob's brother that is similiar. I sometimes just make them out of pizza dough from Winco. Might have to make those again soon...it's been a while.

Carolyn~~* said...

sweet yesmin =p

Smartie Pants said...

That's all that matters, that you made one happy!!! Homemade is best!!!
I would like an easy recipe of these. KT, what's the one with pizza dough??

KatieB said...

I just take the pizza dough that Winco has...over near the cheeses, I think. It's in a clear plastic bag.

Once I have it rolled out, I cut smaller pieces, add some pizza sauce, some ham or candian bacon, cheese, seal up the sides and bake.
You can also do it with cooked hamburger and cheese. Yum!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I have some recipe books on Asian breads that I bought in Malaysia and Singapore last time, which I can lend you. I won't be using it for now. (Me also doesn't like the Western crusty layer breads!) I'll ask Francis to pass to Lee tomorrow.

Jenny Tan said...

Diana & KT...sausages will be good too! :) BTW, see how GREAT Winco is Diana???! :P
Shirley, sure I'd like to borrow the book. I do like western bread, esp a good crusty loaf. They are very different from the Asian, but they sure taste REALLY good with REAL butter! mm..mmmm... We were at Newport Bay at WQ mall the other night...THEY serve good bread! Yum! :)