Some time end of last year, Smartie Pants, my kids and I went to Craft Warehouse. While I showed her the fabric department, we saw this really cute (among other many many cute ones) fabric with sushi prints. Yesmin wanted it, and I figured since we all really love sushi, plus I have just bought my new sewing machine, so why not. But I didn't know what to do with it. So the very nice and thoughtful Smartie Pants took my kids to another area, so that I can peacefully figure out and making up my mind what I wanted to get from the fabric department, and what I wanted to do with them. Anyhow, I decided I'd make place mats for them and some of Yesmin's friends who also love sushi too.
The fabric sat some where in the house for a while, before I decided to start making them. It took me one night to cut out the fabric, few days to sew them up, another day or 2 to sew the trims on! :P At first I was just gonna make a plain, simple table mat...but one night I was chatting with KT, KT, KT on Facebook, she brought up the idea of adding the chopsticks/utensil pocket (one of her crafty friends made some table mats with that design, and I have a book that has the same design too)...I told her I wasn't gonna do that, cos' it'd take too much effort! :P But after our conversation, I changed my mind! I realized that KT, KT, KT some how is very good at "convincing" me on the crafty stuff ;P Acutally, ever since I've got to know her some 3 years back, she has inspired me on all of my crafty projects. My husband often "accuse" her for getting me into scrapbooking! But now that she has moved to Idaho, Smartie Pants, you are on his list of being the next "target" to blame!!! ;P lol
Anyway, here it is... One thing I learn from this project is that, FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTION --- when the instruction says to PRESHRINK your fabric by washing it before begining of your project, DO SO! ;P I was so lazy that I skipped this step and jump right into the project! So, I'm sure you'd have figured out what happend to these mats! lol --- lesson learned! ;P
7 comments:
i like the design of this fabric too! maybe i will use it as the curtain for my kitchen.. will definately increase my apetite!! =)
looks like the size of the pocket is not the same? or is the position? or is the angle of the photo was taken? haha...
Wei, do u need extra fat? Cos' I can give you some when I get back...dun need to increase your appetite. ;)
Zoe, errr, let's just say that you are right on all of 'em...the size, the position, and angle!! :P Too lazy to measure, measure mah, after all, it's just rectangles wat! :P hehhehe
Jenny:
Those look great! Good job! I love the fabric you picked out. See...you're crafty all on your own!
-KT (guess I'd better give in and start using it)
JenE,JenE,JenE WOWIE GIRLFRIEND!!!!
Those are so stinkin' cute!!!! I can't wait for you to invite me over for fried rice, dessert and fun so I can see them in person!!!
Very cute!!!
Tell Lee I have nothing to do with spending money, I am giving stuff away left and right to get rid of my obsessions!!!! I want to come jam with the family on Guitar Hero!!
I love them! They are so cute. I've been doing a little sewing as well (it's been a VERY long time). Anyway, what's your next project?
I love the fabric!!!! So nice!!! It will go well with my bento!!!
Post a Comment