We have 2 coughing kids, and one of them was EXTRA grumpy, this Valentine's Day. I'm not a big fan of Valentine's day if you ask. I feel, like many holidays, it has become almost meaningless. I rather celebrate anniversary, which, really says how much time the two of you have put into in your relationship. So, we don't get each other anything special I don't even fancy eating out on Valentine's anymore...cos' any where you go, there will be a LONG line.... so a card at most.
Some years, I even forget to get Nd (Lee) a card, and of course I'd feel bad when he shows up with one ;P
Anyway, this year, I did manage to get a card for him, from all 3 of us. However, I am writing this post NOT because of him nor me, but because of Yesmin. You see, she had made the card above in her school party yesterday (thanks to Diana who hosted the card making table). I didn't think she was gonna do anything with them (she made 2 cards). But when I went up to her room to give her some water, she asked if I saw my card on my bed yet. I told her no, as I haven't gone into my room. So, I did after she had her water. I was so touched when I saw it nicely place on my bed. She even place the card on top of her bandana to make it extra special! How sweet is that??? Inside, she wrote : To wish you the perfect Valentine's. My heart just melted! The phrase meant a lot, especially today, not because it's Valentine's, but because she knew we had a rough day, as Lucas, with his cough + runny nose, was extra difficult tonight. Also, I thought, maybe she figured that since "we" got daddy a card, and I didn't get any, so she was trying to make me feel special. But whatever it is, it just touched my heart deeply, and made her mom's eyes wet with joy! =) And shame on me, I didn't even make ANYTHING for the 2 of them! =(
Happy Valentine's Day to All of You, and thank you so much sweetie pie.
8 comments:
Hello, i was visiting your blog, hope thats ok, i like it a lot :o)
Have a nice day!
hi hi happy valentine :)
i'm touched too! so considerate of you, such a little cutie...
So sweet! I love it when kids go the extra mile for Mom or Dad...make us feel so good.
How is everyone feeling? Better I hope.
How are Edward and Bella?
aaawwwww.... so sweet!
Allo!
I've just tagged you....
http://www.ramblingmoo.com/2009/02/23/6-and-6-photo-meme/
Have fun yah!
Hi Lilla ~ welcome to my blog...glad you enjoy it. :)
Yup, it was one of those days that made me feel so lousy, but ended with the sweetest note! :)
That's is very very sweet. I would tear up too if Ian knows how to say or write like that!
Post a Comment