If you live in Beaverton/Tigard area, you'd know how busy Hall Blvd is (2 lanes on each side plus the common lane in the middle), and so often I see parents/adults, and especially the ones with kids riding their bikes (there's a walking trail on both sides of the road) trying to cross THAT street, without walking the extra 30-50 feet to the traffic lights, where it is WAY more safe for them, and even worst, sometimes I see them doing that during the busiest hour. I mean, seriously, what the heck are they thinking???
Anyway, about 20 minutes ago, I was driving Yesmin to her animation class in Conestoga Rec Center. All of a sudden, I saw a teenager, with a skateboard, with long and messy hair, a cap turned to the back, with his pants hanging on his butt, showing his boxer, and, standing at the crosswalk, waiting, I mean, he was really at the crosswalk, waiting to cross. I'm sorry to say this, but I admit I am one of those people who often judge a book by its cover... Anyway, when I saw him, I stopped and let him cross, and he wave a friendly "thank you" to me, and I gave him nod and a wave back. But what I really SHOULD have done, when even some adults, and some parents with KIDS who would rather take the risk than to walk that extra 30-50 steps, on a busy street, was to wind down the window and tell him this "THANK YOU for using the crosswalk!!!"
1 comment:
I always wondered why people would risk their lives (and those of their children) to cross Hall there, rather than walking a few extra steps to the crosswalk!
I totally understand what you mean about making an assumption about someone based on how they looked. I remember when we were kids...we'd want to wear something that was inappropriate and Mom or Dad would explain that...if we look the part, people will assume we are one. Does that make sense? It's nice to surprised occasionally.
Post a Comment