The Gingerbreads are sitting on the kitchen counter since then...and the kids are so eager to dig in...but I told them they'd have to wait... Every now and then, they'd go up and "check" on them. :) Maybe, maybe someday, I'd make some cookies for them to decorate ;P
Saturday, December 6, 2008
Our First Ginger Bread House/Boy
There was no school on Monday, due to teacher grading day. We were invited to a friend's house to decorate gingerbread house. Although I bake a lot, and always wanted to make some and let them have some friends over to decorate together... I haven't got the guts to made any for them to decorate. I can just imagine the mess, the icing ALL over the place, the stress I'd have...especially with my own kids! So, when we were invited to someone else house, of course that's great! :P So, here are our very first Gingerbread house and Gingerbread boy. Yesmin did the house with some help from me, and Lucas did the Gingerbread boy by himself (I squeezed the icing where he wanted for him).


The Gingerbreads are sitting on the kitchen counter since then...and the kids are so eager to dig in...but I told them they'd have to wait... Every now and then, they'd go up and "check" on them. :) Maybe, maybe someday, I'd make some cookies for them to decorate ;P
The Gingerbreads are sitting on the kitchen counter since then...and the kids are so eager to dig in...but I told them they'd have to wait... Every now and then, they'd go up and "check" on them. :) Maybe, maybe someday, I'd make some cookies for them to decorate ;P
Labels:
food
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Do they get to eat them eventually? I saw the little Christmas tree in the corner and quite impressed with the icings on it - looks like the real thing.
I guess so...but it's pretty big, so dun think will let 'em eat all, u want some? She bought the kit from Costco (better than the Wilton ones I think). As for the Christmas tree, it's just piping on a ice-cream cone with a star tip. And my friend's son, Yesmin's age, came up with the idea of leaving the bottom part bare to make it look like the tree trunk! So smart!
JenE, JenE, JenE
You need to ask Echo about our ceramic unveiling party on Friday. We had all painted stuff and we got together at my house to see what everyone had made. We had appetizers, and cookies for the kids. They were LOUD, LOUD, LOUD and I had a mess. But I think every child had fun and that's the beauty of being a child. Plus fun memories!!!! Send my cuties over, I'll let them finish wrecking my house!!!
The house and "boy" look darling. You should make those pictures into Christmas cards!!! Very creative!!!!
wah u are slowly training up kitchen helpers for your baking biz someday!!
Wow. That is so cool. We don't have those in Malaysia.
So fun hor? I also dare not have such a party in our place... hehhehe
Post a Comment