Monday, December 15, 2008

Stucked with 58 pieces of Profiteroles!

Yesterday was supposed to be Yesmin's Chinese class. They were supposed to have finals and a pot luck after that. I volunteer to bring dessert, isn't that surprising?! :P Anyway, due to the severe weather, not only was the class canceled, the finals is postpone till after New Year! Gosh, that means whatever I have reviewed with her, we have continue to do so until NEXT YEAR!! Yiikkeess....

Anyway, as I have mentioned, I volunteered to bring dessert, and had decided to make Profiteroles (cream puffs). (recipe from Martha Stewart's Baking Handbook) I have made the pastry cream on Saturday night, one and a half batch of it! If I don't use it soon, it will all go to waste. So, I HAD to make the choux pastry. When I finish making 'em, I had 58 of them! I can't wait till Tuesday to pass some to Smartie Pants as I have told her to stop by on Monday for some dessert (school is closed today, and as of now, the residential roads are still kinda slippery). So, I divided among our neighbors, and handed out 38 of them to 6 of the neighbors I'm closest to and save the rest for ourselves. Sorry Smartie Pants, I promise to make it up next time :P The kids, young and the OLDER one, loved 'em...especially the CHOCOLATE SAUCE! ;)

p/s if you're interested in the recipe, send me a message...I dunno if it'd be against the law to publish HER recipe here! :P


Is it really that sinful??!!

Oops, someone took a bite! Not me...couldn't be, then who?

Hey, I can use the chocolate sauce to do some drawing too!

Licking till the last drop

5 comments:

Unknown said...

wish I can be your neighbour!!!

send me the recipe.. maybe i will try.. that day, after reading your blog abt the fried rice, i cooked that for RJ as well. Can't believe that he ask for more! I guess all kids likes mum's cooking!

Do share more 'easy to prepare' recipies, be it proper meal, snacks or dessert. I will try it over the weekend.. as u know I'm the 'beginner' when comes to cooking!!!

🐽 said...

yummy! pls share it! would like to try it out...

Smartie Pants said...

WHAAATTTTTT!!!!!!! Where was the invitation to come over for FOOOODDDD???????????????????
OH MY GOOODDDNNNEESSSS I can't belive it. Those look so scrumptous. You didn't give any to Mr. Robinson did you??? He closed our school and made us keep our children. No treats for him!!! His wife yes she needs treats, 4 kids!!!

Erika said...

Uh-Mazing! Those are gorgeous! i went up to Martha - she has a WHOLE BUNCH of different variations to the ones you made. YUM!!! You have inspired me, I will try those - I love the baking handbook, my 2 staples are her christmas sugar cookies & the slab pie!! I have two batches of peaches in the freezer waiting to be made into slab pie this winter - that's how good it is!!!

http://www.marthastewart.com/portal/site/mslo/menuitem.e28a2ad6d3341f8836eb9e2bd373a0a0?vgnextoid=42cacf380e1dd010VgnVCM1000005b09a00aRCRD&autonomy_kw=profiteroles&autonomy_searchtype=all&autonomy_sort=&autonomy_recordid=&autonomy_bc=&autonomy_bcdisplay=&autonomy_cat=&autonomy_origin=&autonomy_orgpubyr=&autonomy_orgpubyrearlier=&autonomy_expertpk=&autonomy_hasvideo=&autonomy_contenttype=MSLO-RECIPE&autonomy_click=MSLO-RECIPE&autonomy_clicktype=autonomy_contenttype&rsc=GN_type

adriantai said...

Yummy...