Friday, January 23, 2009

65 Degree Celcius Bread from Florence

On my previous post about bread, I was beginning to feel frustrated, cos' I couldn't understand the recipe. After more surfing among the blogs, I found this site by Florence. She has many many many recipes on her blog, and one of them is this. It is very similar to the blog that had everything in Mandarin. I was so excited when I read the detail explanation about Tang Zhong on Florence's blog! So, I jump into trying out the recipe. On the first trial, I didn't understand if Florence place the doughs that were divide in half in ONE loaf pan or two separate pans, so I tried it in 2 pans. The bread turn out soft, but wasn't filling up the entire pan...it was like a focaccia! =P On the 2nd day, I tried making with the same dough, but divided the dough into quarters and place ALL of them in ONE pan... and made sure I proofed it long enough before sending into the oven. This is what I got =) .....

The sides of the loaf looked like it's been poked...cos' I didn't grease the pan, so I had trouble getting it out! :P


Look at the texture of the bread!

Yiiipppeeee!!! I LOVE IT! Everyone in the family LOVES it too! It's very soft and tender, looks fantastic. Today, I will try again (since the Tang Zhong can only keep for 3 days), but instead of making it in loaf, I will make it into buns with ham and cheese, like the ones you find in Asian bakeries. I hope they will turn out well. Hope you will give it a try too!

***Notes: BTW, if you don't have a bread machine, you can use your mixer with a hook attachment, or you can knead the dough with your hands. Back when I was in school, we even have a "proofing box" with the perfect temperature and humidity to help the dough rise. However, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the idea of warming up a cup of water in the microwave and let it sit on the side in the microwave, then "proof" your dough in there! PERFECT! :)

4 comments:

KatieB said...

Hmmmmm....could you please send of that my way? I love fresh homemade bread! Brings back memories of bread rising near the fireplace when we'd get off the schoolbus.

Jenny Tan said...

Oh KT, I'm sure you can whip up some loafs too! I love having the bread machine....makes things so much easier! I like the smell of freshly made bread. When ever I make 'em, Yesmin said our house smells like SUBWAY!!! =P

Angeleyes said...

*slurp*

OMG! The bread looks soooo good!
I must try making some too when CNY passed!

Smartie Pants said...

You know what I love about you JenE?? You don't give up!! You keep searching until you find the right thing and even if the first one doesn't work you still try again. The bread looks sooo good. My grandma taught me long ago how to make bread. I haven't made it in years. Her home always smelled of homemade things. Good Job JenE!!! Plus those muffins you made were so moist and yummy. Happy tummy!!!