As usual, I buy the bananas for everyone to eat, but they just sit there till they (skin) turn brown/black. So, since I was in the mood to whip up something simple, I turn on the oven, bring out the bowls and ingredients, and make use of the very soft, and very brown/black skin bananas. I got the original recipe from here. As usual, I cut down on the sugar ---the original recipe from Giada De Laurentiis calls for 2 cups of sugar! I mean, don't forget the sugar from the 4 ripe bananas that you'll be adding! So, I cut to just 1-1/3 cup sugar. However, today as I have said, I was "in the mood" so I cut the sugar to just 1 cup, and add 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips. They turned out pretty good! I would in the future, add chocolate chuncks instead. :) Hope you would like it too! ~
7 comments:
Hey, I baked a cake too today! Ya, those "angmoh" recipes are always too sweet for us Asians, and the cake that I baked today - I also reduced half of its sugar.
i dont like muffin..muffin is my last choice for b'fast.. i buy one for but eat half only... but i would like to try yours.. :P
Jenny,
Can I have the recipe please? I have some blackened bananas in the kitchen that I want to make full use of! It'll be good for tea time later...
Dean, the recipe is on the post --- "I got the original recipe from here" ...maybe the light blue color is kinda hard to see...but it's a link there...remember to cut down on the sugar, otherwise u might have 10 cavities! ;P
Gigi, make it urself also lah..sure Ivan will like it too!
Dean, 5th line from the top, 2nd last word...
JIC u still can't see it...
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/banana-muffins-with-mascarpone-cream-frosting-recipe2/index.html
Enjoy!
Jenny, I am not in 'the mood' to make any wo. Just wanna try 1 :P
Plus Ivan doesnt like Muffin. He is from another planet I think.. doesnt like cake, no bread for him(only biscuit he likes)..
Well once again your showing food and I get nothin'!!!! Lee, Yesi, and my cutie patootie Lucas are SOOOO Lucky!!!
Post a Comment