Wednesday, January 14, 2009

What Should I Do???

As I was preparing dinner tonight, the kids were playing together up in their rooms. Occasionally, I see them coming down, taking some toys and throw pillows. Since they left me in peace, I didn't question them. As I recall now, before they started their "project", Lucas was looking in the toy box for his toy hammer and toy saw, and mentioned that he and Jia jia (big sister) are going to build a house, so they needed those tools. For the past few weeks, he has been very interested in knowing if I or ND (Lee) built our house?! I forgot what sparks his curiosity on this, I will try to recall, but don't count on it. If I do, I'll either write on a new post or, just slip it somewhere here. Anyway... when they were done with their "project," they told me that I had to go up to look what they have "created." I told them I will after dinner.

When dinner was ready, and after a few callings and yelling for them to get down to set the table, I ran up to see what they were up to. Yesmin went and hide, trying to dodge the "bullets"(knowing they were in trouble), leaving the little brother to take the hit! Below are the photos of what their "project" was...





Is this telling me that my kids have a "potential" in taking part in CBS Survivor??? Building a "shelter" of their own WITH a roof above them!!! ;P

The tiny living space in their "house"


They had taken ALL of the pillows they can find in the house and built a fort/house of their own (I am VERY sure that this was Miss Yesmin Chua's idea)! Should I get mad with them for making this whole mess? Or should I applaud them for their "creativity"???? :P

Fortunatelly (for me), as I am typing this, they are, after beening told to return ALL pillows where they belonged, "having fun" retuning the pillows. I have to say, when it comes to finding ways to have fun with the younger ones, Yesmin IS very creative...sliding down the stairs on the throw pillows, giving Lucas a ride while he sits on the pillow, sliding on their tummies with the pillow under them, telling him she'd race him up the stairs to "get into the next fun ride" (i.e. getting the other pillows to be put away)!!! :)

4 comments:

KatieB said...

I think you handled that perfectly. My kids love to get all of the pillows from the house, and there's a lot, and put a huge pile at the end of our bed. Then, they jump. It will entertain them for hours.

I am curious as to what the hammer was for?
K

Jenny Tan said...

They do that too...piling up the pillows and jump off where ever they are. However, since we have the corner sofa, they place the pillows as though they are stepping stones, that leads to the end of one side of the sofa, and hope ON the sofa and down the other side!

The hammer and the saw was for "building" the house...hammering the nails, sawing the wood...etc ---thanks to Bob the Builder! :)

Smartie Pants said...

If you got some time to yourself and they cleaned up after then it was ALL worth it!!!
The problem in my house is that I have to do the cleaning up.

Dean Arif said...

What Should I do?

I'd usually get the "blame" from wifey for planting the seed to all these "useless" creative work. So what should I do? I'd join my kids and have some fun with them!