So, a little about my BIG darling. He loves music. He loves to play with his guitar. He used to be in a band back in those college days. He even used his guitar to "sweep" me off my ex! ;) ---He told me he was gonna write a song for me, and I believed him! However, after 15 years together (dating + marriage), I HAVEN'T even heard one note that was composed FOR ME (duh)! :P He did however, composed a piece for the kids.
He also likes playing drums a lot. We once bought a drum set from Costco, it was a good deal...but after dragging the big box home, and left it in the garage for a couple of days while we try to figure out WHERE to put it in the house....we decided to bring it back and return to Costco :( In fact, he likes music so much that when we were dating, he even sign me up for drum lessons! Hoping that I get good at it, and we can start a ROCK band!!! hhahahhaaa.... we kept it a secret from MY parents, cos' he used to be a headbanger who listens to heavy metal/punk music...and my folks didn't see ANY future in "kids" who listen to that kinda music! :P
For his birthday, I always have such a hard time picking up a gift for him. He's picky on clothing, he doesn't wear ties, we only ski once a year, I got no clue what kinda stuff he'd need for his guitar playing...then there was the SNOW that locked us in....I had NO TIME at all to shop for his present! I have in previous years, given him gift cards to the music store, and signed him up for guitar classes, can't be doing the same again, right?! So on that ONE day that the snow melted, I grabbed the kids and headed out to Target. Walking around like a frantic woman searching for something special for that special someone! ;P We headed to the electronic game section right away. Saw Guitar Hero for Wii...Oh, thank God we have a Wii! ;) It comes with 2 guitars and the game --- ok, that's the one! Still I wasn't satisfied. Walked around some more...found another Guitar Hero...this one in a bigger box...comes with one guitar, a drum set, a microphone and the game!! It costs more, but heck, I bet this is a LOT more fun...and the whole family CAN be in the ROCK BAND like he had ALWAYS wished for! :) And so, instead of getting him 2 separate gifts (one from the kids, one from me), he gets one BIG one!
Happy Birthday Big Darling!
By the way, in case you are wondering why all those pictures of guitar picks??? Well, those obviously are his! Last year I got him a bag of guitar picks (besides the gift card to the music store), cos' he was running low on his previous bag. Won't you wonder why and how does one loses guitar picks if he's not traveling with them, but only plays at home??? Well, the answer is that, my dear BIG darling, leaves them EVERY WHERE! Yesmin even gave him a dish she made in a ceramic class to keep his picks...yet, I find 'em on my kitchen counter, in the closet, (hiding) behind our buffet cabinet, on the study room desk, on my secretary desk...etc, etc, etc. Hrmp...no wonder they ALL go missing! Oh, and if he can't find them, he'd ask me "Have u seen my pick?"
6 comments:
Happy Birthday Lee!!! 32???? You are just a baby!!!! So now we know who the next American Idol will be.
Watch out for Simon, he's a bit snobby!!! I can see JenE, Yes, & Luc all "jamming" with ya!!!!
What will the name of your band be??? Can JenE sing??? Let me know when you head out on tour, I can watch the fish.
Happy Birthday, Lee!
Cute post, Jenny.
Can't believe you stayed up last night to work on it. I was too tired!
Ha ha ha Diana! I'd say between Lee and I, I would definitely be a better singer...but American Idol? I wouldn't want any of us end up in the 'crazy contestant'!!! :P
KT, yup, I can't believe myself too! U know after chatting w/ u on FB, I had the urge to just get it done! :P And if I don't, it will never get posted! :)
Happy Birthday Andy!
hubby got us Wii as X'mas gift too, I'm not into all this game but it was kinda fun! Even RJ can play bowling well, he scored 118 pts! so far I enjoyed the tennis game, really makes me running up & down!! =)
anyway, happy new year!!
Happy belated birthday, Lee!
Jenny, I've got some unused clay that I'll ask Francis to pass to Lee. Came across this when clearing our study room's closet today. I have some exercise book too, perfect for Yesmin's Chinese lessons (I think).
HAppy Belated Birthday to you lau-gong!
So, are we going to see the birth of a new rock band soon?
Post a Comment